Monday, March 3, 2008

A lonely position

I can not say my job is bad. It is free, very free. I can do whatever I want during the working hours. I can sleep a late as I want. I can even not go to the office. I can go aboard several times a year. I have long winter and summer vacations during which I can plan anything I like. I can do anything as long as I can pass the university evaluation or I can finish all the works I have promised. I can have my own employees to ask them to do things I like to do. Probably I am having one of the best positions in Taiwan as long as you like research.
Two disadvantages, the first is the low-pay given the responsibility I have to carry. The disadvantage I concern the most is I am lonely, very lonely. I am alone for almost all day long, all week long. I do not have officemates to chat. People I met are my students or my teachers. I can hardly meet somebody who can chat and share with me. Today I am depressed. I am lonely even though many tasks are stilling waiting for me.

No comments: