Sunday, July 29, 2007

Iraq won the Asian cup

What an emotional moment it is. Just one hour ago, I accidentally switched the channel into CNN and saw the last few minutes of the game. The Iraq beat Saudi Arabia by one point in Asian cup soccer game. I saw the Iraqi crowded at the TV and cheered for their coming championship together as I experienced our third position of the world cup baseball game tournament in 2003.

From the news, I realize that it is the first soccer championship for Iraqi for the last 31 years. Iraqi people made the impossible into possible. As discussed in the news, this incredible job is made under the condition of lack of money, lack of training, lack of everything. Even more, these players fought for their countries, their families, every victims of the war. They are the historical heroes of Iraqi now like our little baseball players from the little league with the championship cup few decades ago. Their achievement will last for long. They give the Iraqi hope. The gunfire started everywhere in Baghdad at the moment they won.

Congratulation to Iraqi. I can feel their joyfulness. I hope they can stand up again after the years of suffering by the invasion and suppression. I also hope our Taiwanese can stick up too to show the world that they should not ignore the truth of our existence. But I think the pity is we will not be able to this emotional moment from our very biased Taiwanese media.


No comments: